|Frank Harris and Rod Briggs have both worked for over 25 years in Engineering and Management roles in Appliance Manufacture and Design.|
They decided to start Fabtronics in 2005 following personal experience with the difficulties in dealing with overseas suppliers of electronics. Generally they found that without high volumes, there was a lack of interest and support for new developments.
To be successful they believed they had to:
- be able to provide total solutions to customer needs
- invest in state- of- the- art design, manufacturing and test equipment
- develop systems that enable quick setup and relatively low production runs
- provide a design service that can cover all aspects of the product development (not just the PCB)
- provide rapid prototyping
- keep leadtime to a minimum to help customers cope with fluctuating demand
- globally source components to keep costs low
- employ great staff
This approach has enabled Fabtronics to grow into a successful, customer focussed company with modern manufacturing capabilities, in Australia.
Recently, with the support of our growing customer base we have moved into larger purpose built manufacturing and office facilities, still right here in Australia!